Are you getting a black screen when trying to make a screenshot of a Crunchyroll video? You’re not alone. Luckily, it’s easy to fix.
You need to turn off hardware acceleration in your browser settings to be able to make screenshots of Crunchyroll videos and avoid getting a black screen. Once you’re done making screenshots, you should consider hardware acceleration back on.
In general, hardware acceleration does more good than harm. It is a setting that allows your video card to take over jobs from your CPU when appropriate. It only creates issues for specific applications, of which Crunchyroll is an unfortunate example. There is no harm in turning it off to take your screenshots, but we recommend you turn it back on when you finish making screenshots.
Turning hardware acceleration off is a quick and painless process. Below, we’ll give you step-by-step instructions depending on your browser.
Turning Hardware Acceleration off in Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome, then click the menu button found on the upper right corner and select “Settings“.2. Select “Advanced“, there should be a drop-down menu that will appear.
3. Then, select “System” and toggle “Use hardware acceleration when available” off.
4. You will now be able to screenshot Crunchyroll videos whenever you want!
Turning Hardware Acceleration off in Mozilla Firefox
1. Launch Firefox, then click on the menu button (this will be found on the upper right corner of the browser).
2. Select “Settings”.
3. While under “General“, scroll down until you find “Performance”.
4. Uncheck “Use recommended performance settings“. There will be additional settings displayed once you uncheck it.
5. Uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
6. Restart Firefox.
7. You should no longer have any trouble when taking a screenshot.
Turning Hardware Acceleration off in Apple Safari
Unfortunately, users cannot manually toggle enable nor disable hardware acceleration on Apple Safari. In addition, hardware acceleration is always on by default. This means you will not be able to screenshot Crunchyroll videos on this browser, sorry!
Turning Hardware Acceleration off in Microsoft Edge
1. Launch Microsoft Edge, then click on the menu button ⋅⋅⋅ found on the upper right corner and select “Settings“. Alternatively, you can use (Alt+F) to open it.
2. Select “System and performance” on the left bar (on some versions of Microsoft Edge where the left bar does not appear, you will need to open the options menu in the top left to see this option).
3. Then, toggle “Use hardware acceleration when available” off.
4. You can now screenshot your favorite anime any time you want.
Turning Hardware Acceleration off in Opera
1. Launch Opera, then click on the settings button . (this will be found on the left navigation bar)
2. Scroll down and select “Advanced“. Additional settings will appear below.
3. Continue scrolling down until you’ve reached “System“.
4. Then, toggle “Use hardware acceleration when available” off.